Shari Reffsin, CFP®, CDFA™, CLTC
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
With something as personal and emotional as your finances, it’s important to work with an advisor you trust and with whom you want to work for the long term. I collaborate with you to establish key objectives and take the appropriate action steps in pursuit of financial independence.
I’m Shari Reffsin, the founder of Reffsin Financial, a full-service advisory firm specializing in comprehensive financial planning for:
• Women and their families across all stages of life
• Women going through a divorce, or have become widowed, or experiencing a career change
• Estate and retirement planning, as well as life and long-term care insurance
After all, building a financial plan is not a onetime event but an ongoing process that requires adjustments as your life or goals change.
Why I Started the Firm: Our Mission
My first experience with a financial planner was 25+ years ago, when I first became a mom. Going through the financial planning “process” and learning the steps my husband and I should take to protect and grow our family’s finances was a priceless, eye-opening experience that led me to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
I soon realized there was an opportunity and a need to work with women to build their financial confidence. This was especially true for those going through or who had gone through the divorce process. With the goal of helping women through this very difficult time and beyond, I became a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® professional.
What started as a career change has morphed into a business whose mission is empowerment through education and knowledge, with the purpose of creating security and financial independence.
Now, years later, I continue to expand the firm’s commitment to guiding people through life’s inevitable transitions and still take pleasure in the impact we can have on their lives.
Why Choose a CFP®?
We are often asked this question.
• The simple answer is that not all financial planners are certified.
• A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification is the standard of excellence for financial planners.
• CFP® professionals have met extensive training, continuing education, and experience requirements.
• We commit to following the CFP Board's ethical standards, which require us to put our clients' interests first.
• As part of the CFP® certification, we also have made a commitment to the CFP Board to act as a fiduciary when managing clients' assets.
Shari Reffsin holds FINRA Series 6, 7, and 63 securities registrations with Commonwealth Financial Network® and life and health insurance licenses. She has a Certification in Long-Term Care and holds the Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certifications. She received both a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in business from Pace University. She is a member of the Association of Divorce Financial Planners, Rockland Women’s Business Network, Bergen County Professional Women’s Network, and is past president of the Estate Planning Council of Rockland County. She has also served on the boards of multiple local not-for-profit organizations.